Tuesday, August 5, 2014

It's Gone.....



"I dream my painting and I paint my dream."~Vincent van Gogh
~*~

The other day, L. G. Smith posted about the great stories, and classics, that have come out of authors dreams: Frankstein, Twilight, etc. This is what drives me crazy, I'll be having a perfect story dream. I know it would make a great story while I'm dreaming it. The problem is it's dissipating as I wake, just like snowflakes in the sun. It's unbelievably frustrating. The last dream I can remember that I thought had story potential: I died and got to heaven and couldn't remember the code on the gate. Since I'd had this problem before, St. Peter got p.o.'d and kicked me back to earth. I think there's got to be a story there somewhere. grin.

14 comments:

Dana said...

LOL Sounds like a story to me!

This kind of thing happens to me a lot, too. I know people say that writers should keep a notebook next to the bed so that they can write their dreams down as soon as they wake up, but that's never worked for me. My dreams disappear way too fast...

Have a nice Tuesday. :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Couldn't remember the code on the gate :-D That would be me, too.

Pat Hatt said...

haha that sounds like a fun story indeed

DEZMOND said...

what? There's a code at the gates of Heaven? I bet mine will have a hundred digits at least....

Stacy McKitrick said...

He kicked you back to Earth as a cat, right? :)

I do keep a pad of paper and pen by the bed. Not because of dreams so much, but because I will usually come up with a scene fix before I go to sleep. If I don't write it down right away, I'll forget it come morning.

Stephanie Faris said...

I think I mentioned on L.G.'s blog that I've had dreams like that before--but the 'great ideas' were NEVER as good as they seemed in the light of day!

Julia Barrett said...

I dream stories all the time -- then I write them. Practice lucid dreaming. It will help. :)

Sandra Cox said...

I'm with ya, Dana, mine are disappearing while I'm still in the twilight stage before I completely wake up.

Sandra Cox said...

CJ, Yup, Pete must have been having a bad day cause he had no tolerance for a faulty memory at all.

Sandra Cox said...

Stacy, how did you know? Grin.
That's great that you are getting your scenes down. My brain is so fried by then, for the most part I'm worthless.

Sandra Cox said...

Hey Pat, yeah maybe incorporate Stacy's idea and come back as a cat:)

Sandra Cox said...

Probably, Dez, you better start memorizing the code:)

Sandra Cox said...

Hey Steph, I never have the opportunity to remember if they're good or not, I'm just left with my illusions they would be. Grin.

Sandra Cox said...

Julia, Lucid dreaming, huh? I'm going to need some help with that. :)