Monday, October 7, 2013

And It's Monday....Again


And it's here again....
Did you do anything exciting this weekend? We went to see Gravity. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think? Don't ya just love Sandra Bullock with short hair? After paying $16.50 at the concession stand for drinks, candy and stale popcorn we're swearing off.


Also read Michael Connelly's The Lincoln Lawyer. It's a good read. I know some folks prefer to read the book before seeing the movie but I'm good either way. In this instance, I'm glad I saw the movie before I read it. Whenever I visualized Mick Haller I visualized Matthew Mcconaughey:) Do you have a preference? Movie or book first?

Friday's trailer: It drove the cat crazy. She could hear the parakeet but couldn't find him:)

14 comments:

DEZMOND said...

GRAVITY broke box office records this weekend for October, more than 50 million bucks :)

Sandra Cox said...

Did you like it, Dez?

Jennifer Shirk said...

Gravity looks really good.

I love Michael Connolly but haven't read that one.
I'm torn. I usually like to read the book before the movie but then I'm always disappointed by the movie.

CJ Kennedy said...

We don't get anything at the concession stand. I'd rather spend the money and go out to dinner.

Might wait for Gravity to come out on pay per view.

Lincoln Lawyer, saw the movie on TV, didn't read the book.

Pat Hatt said...

Gravity will be watched her at some point. Also wish friday would be here now again haha

Luanne G. Smith said...

Isn't it insane how much it costs to watch a movie with a bucket of popcorn!! Grrr. It's why I stay home and watch Netflix most of the time. But I will be shelling out the money to go see Romeo and Juliet this week. Can't help myself. :))

Crystal Collier said...

Book first. Actually, it depends on the genre. And if the movie is any good. I don't know. I have a really hard time with book to film adaptations, since most of them are so different from the original work. Besides, I'd rather read the book.

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

What did you think of Gravity? I'm trying to decide whether or not to spend the money to see it in the theater.

Sandra Cox said...

Hi Jennifer,
I know what you mean. Its run about 50/50 for me. Some movies measure up, some don't.

Sandra Cox said...

Hey CJ, I think from here on out we'll take a page from your book and go out to dinner instead.

Sandra Cox said...

Hey Pat, we're a day closer.....

Sandra Cox said...

Hi L.G., let me know what you think about Romeo and Juliet. We're going to stop going unless its something we are really hot to see, otherwise we'll catch it when it hits Redbox. Kinda makes you wonder how long the theaters will survive doesn't it?

Sandra Cox said...

Hi Crystal, I enjoy movies, but given the choice of a book or movie, it would be a book hands down.

Sandra Cox said...

Hi Julia, tough question. The HH LOVED it. I was good with it, but for me it would have rated as a 'see on DVD'.