Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Beach Wedding


The wedding went perfectly. The weather was balmy. A light wind blew. The music was  furnished by the surf. It was a small group only family and friends. A notary republic performed a short but poignant ceremony. The simplicity and beauty made it one of the best  I've ever attended.
It's not their first marriage, but I have no doubts it will be their last.

 
 The happy couple

The fam
~*~
I am Love

Some say I can fly on the wind, yet I haven’t any wings.
 Some have found me flowing on the open sea, yet I cannot swim.
 Some have felt my warmth on cold nights, yet I have no flame.
 And though you cannot see me, I lay between two lovers at the hearth of fireplaces.
 I am the twinkle in your child’s eyes.
 I am hidden in the lines of your mother’s face.
 I am your father’s shield as he guards your home.
 And yet….Some say I am stronger than steel, yet I am as fragile as a tear.
 Some have never searched for me, yet I am around them always.
 Some say I die with loss, yet I am endless.
 And though you cannot hear me, I dance on the laughter of children.
 I am woven into the whispers of passion.
 I am in the blessings of Grandmothers.
 I embrace the cries of newborn babies.
 And yet….Some say I am a flower, yet I am also the seed.
 Some have little faith in me, yet I will always believe in them.
 Some say I cannot cure the ill, yet I nourish the soul.
 And though you cannot touch me, I am the gentle hand of the kind.
 I am the fingertips that caress your cheek at night.
 I am the hug of a child.
I am love.

Author Unknown

5 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

How cool getting married on the beach.

Sandra Cox said...

It was really nice, very informal and serene.

Unknown said...

Nice...that's the way to get married. It's not about how much money you spend

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Beautiful!

Sandra Cox said...

Amarinda, yup money wouldn't have made it any nicer.

Hi Julia, it truly was.