Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Interview with Aubrie Dionne



With us today is friend and fellow author, Aubrie Dionne. Welcome, Aubrie! Tell us a bit about your current project.

I’m currently working on a young adult science fiction book called Colonization. The main character is a girl named Andromeda who has trouble coping with the dramatic change from living an entire life on her mother ship, the Ark, to inhabiting the strange planet of Paradise 21.

What are your thoughts on e – pubs?

E publishers are great places to send the work that doesn’t have mainstream appeal or gets overlooked by agents. There are a lot of wonderful ebooks out there right now that have the same qualities as agent represented books. Ebooks give readers a vast library of titles and authors in which to choose.

What is your favorite genre to write in?

I’ve always loved fantasy, but now I’m discovering a new love for science fiction. Not only is it more connected to our world, it has fantasy elements in it as well. I enjoyed watching the old Star Trek movies, and of course, Star Wars, and now I’m trying to write my own space operas.

What is your favorite genre to read?

The same as the ones I write: fantasy, and science fiction! My favorite authors are Tad Williams, Patricia McKillip, Ursula Le Guin, and I have a new favorite: Susan Beth Pfeffer. I also very much enjoyed your book, Grounded!


Thanks:) I appreciate being included in your author list.

What tips would you give someone trying to break into the writing industry?

Keep writing everyday. You may have to write 4 or 5 or even 6 books before you get an agent’s attention. So you can’t give up!

What books of yours are currently for sale and where can a reader buy them?

The best way to find my titles is to search for my name at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.com. Some titles are only available from Amazon, and others from Barnes and Noble.

Thank you so much for the interview!!!


I had the opportunity to read MESSENGER and found Aubrie's voice to be both delicate and indepth. If you're a fantasy buff why not give it a try. And don't you love that cover.

1 comment:

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

I agree - epubs are the perfect places for niche markets. I adore science fiction. The book sounds great!